Our goal is that people encounter Jesus and be sustained and grow in that encounter.
The Vestry are an elected church council or elders of the church. They are elected at the Annual General Meeting and typically serve for three years. The Vestry consists appoints a Chairperson (clergy), Vestry Clerk (vacant), Two Churchwardens (Vernon Douglas), Treasurer (Mark Moffat), and Safeguarding Officer (Nicki Horan). Other appointments are made to the Bermuda Church Society (Mark Moffat + Vacant), Diocesan Synod (Peter Nash, Shirene Fulton), and the Diocesan Youth Committee (Vacant).
In line with our Aims there are six subcommittees of the Vestry called Groups:
The Leadership Team seeks to:
- Develop and sustain an organisational structure that supports leadership, administration, discipleship, mission, pastoral care, youth, finances, property, ministry, and community.
- Develop an every member ministry and enable everyone to exercise their vocation or calling.
The Leadership Team is: Canon John Stow and Revd Gavin Tyte.
The Property Group is a subcommittee of the Vestry and aims to:
- Maximise the usability, functionality, flexibility, and accessibility of our buildings and spaces to bless both the congregation and the wider community.
The Property Group are: Gavin and Helen Tyte, Vernon Douglas, Barbara Willis, and Colin Campbell. The Group is chaired by Barbara Willis.
The Community Group is a subcommittee of the Vestry and aims to:
- Reach and connect with young people in the parish through church-based activities and schools work.
- Provide relevant opportunities for people to meet and gather in both church and non-church locations.
The Finance Group is a subcommittee of the Vestry and aims to:
- Encourage people to donate or tithe through providing transparency and communicating about how our money is allocated.
- Be good stewards of our finances and resources through developing a culture of careful management and procurement.
The Finance Group are: Gavin and Helen Tyte, Nicki Horan, Mark Moffat, and Dudley Cottingham. The Group is chaired by Nicki Horan.
The Pastoral Group aims to:
- Respond appropriately to the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of people in both our congregation and the wider community.
- Invite both church and non-church members to join God’s mission through participation in our outreach projects.
- To provide opportunities for ongoing discipleship and spiritual growth both online and in person.
Current project teams include:
- The Lord’s Larder – providing grocery bags to those in need.
The Worship Team aims to:
- Encourage people to encounter God by providing relevant worship that embraces both traditional and contemporary elements.
- Ensure our worship is accessible and seeker-friendly through removing barriers that might impede or hinder people connecting with God.
- Extend God’s love to the wider community by inviting groups to participate in our worship and receive God’s blessing.
The Worship Group consists of our Sunday worship and and group leaders: Gavin and Helen Tyte, Nicki Horan, Shirene Fulton, and Peter Nash. The group is chaired by Rev Gav.
Other Teams that support our Sunday worship are:
- The Music Group
- The Café Team
- Sunday Readers and Prayers
- Welcome Team